Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #3

I have been reading other peoples blogs for years. I love that part of MySpace and it is why I keep a MySpace account. I love to read what others have to say and reply to them. Sometimes it is hilarious to watch people going at it in blogs. And it is always informative. However, I have never actually made my own blog. I have thought it might be fun, but never took that step. Now, I have.

Setting up the blog was easy. The hardest part was trying to make the blog homepage reflect who I am. I believe that in this age of communicating with the written word through computers and cell phones, the art of "getting someone" through non-verbal and other visual clues is becoming lost. Again, most likely because I am a visual learner, I need to "see" who someone is by their pages. By the same token, I need to show who I am. So, I tried to choose a title that would show my passions and my personality. Same with the background and the avatar.

I had a picture of myself up and I my very well put it back up again, but the avatar is me. I am always at a ballgame of some sort. I couldn't find books to put in the picture. I usually have one with me to read and get over my nerves. I get very nervous before games and having something else to do really helps. I had this avatar on Yahoo already that I had used for Yahoo messaging. I changed her up though. She needed a new hairstyle, some new clothes and I added the glasses. I also moved her from a football field to a gym because right now, that is the sport my kids are playing.

Setting up this blog was actually so much fun. I am just going to have to try not to get addicted and start thinking that y'all want to know every little thing about my life.

4 comments:

A Special Kind Of Teacher..... said...

Wow!! You are putting a lot of thought and effort into all of your postings. Great job, on getting this far. Have fun as you explore the rest of the other things!!

Nerdy Sportsmom said...

Thanks!!!!~~~I am having fun with it already!!! I just hope that our school's filter won't filter all this out and that I can get some of the teachers to try some new "stuff"~~~If we are preparing our students for the future, they need to know how to use these programs~~~

L'l Bit said...

The name of your blog caught my eye and I had to check it out. I too am an avid sports fan. Good luck in your journey into the 23 Things...

DDtech said...

In paragraph two you struck home with me. I must say I miss the face to face communication as body language is so important, isn't that what the "studies" have been telling us for years? However, I have, through this discovery program, become better at and more accepting of "blind communication."

Sounds like it's time for you to get that new phone line.